Contributors of Ekushey
Many people have helped us with Ekushey indirectly, but the main contributors are as follows
Dr. Robin Upton
- Started Altruists International as a means to help people help people.
- Robin looked for a free Bengali typing system to help him learn the language in 1997/8. Ekushey Projects sprang from his exasperation that no freeware was available. He has been responsible for design, programming, documentation and publicity of Ekushey Typing system from 1998.
firstname.lastname@example.org | Visit Website
- Joined Altruists International as a Graphic Designer. His interests have since shifted from Video Editing & Graphic design to Web Site development and he has recently become an expert in TTF and OTF Font technology. He is also an MVP from Microsoft Inc.
- Initiated Ekusheyr Shadhinota keyboard manager project. He has worked with Microsoft to help them develop Bengali OTF & Uniscribe Rendering engine for Bangla. He also tested the Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator and currently testing the Microsoft Unicode Uniscribe Text Engine for Bangla & Microsoft Official OTF Bangla fonts.
email@example.com | Visit Website
- Initiated Ekushey OS X project and maintaining the entire project. He is the guy who made Bangla computing with Unicode technologies possible on OS X platform.
- Initiated the Ekusheyr Chithi project for Internet communication in the Bangla language. Recently he finished world's first Online Bangla Dictionary and contributing for BanglaExpress assisted by Systech Digital.
- He developed his skills on Web Application. Officially he worked for companies like PageFlakes, Somewherein & Trippert Labs. At present he is working in i2we as a Web Application Engineer.
- He successfully wrote 4 books on Web Application (Smarty for PHP Template Designers, Wordpress Complete, Object oriented programming with PHP5 & Learning Facebook Application Development). As his expertise in Web App, he find out some way for browser based IME and initiated the Browser IME & Wordpress Bangla IME projects.
firstname.lastname@example.org | Visit Website
- Sabuj Kundu as known as manchumahara took part for the Bengali localization and customization of phpbb3 forum engine on behalf of amaderprojukti.com. Recently he developed the web version of probhat keyboard layout. He likes to work for bangla computing and he wants to make his career as a web engineer.
email@example.com | Visit Website
S M Ibrahim
- Lavlu works in Somewherein, and he is currently in the PHP application. Recently Lavlu updated the Wordpress Bangla IME project initiated by Hasin.
- Working on Google translation.
firstname.lastname@example.org | Visit Website
- Initiated Mozilla Bangla Localization project and successfully released Bangla version of Mozilla FireFox.
- Joined our team as a OTF developer. He is also working in Microsoft as a BETA tester of the Unicode Text Rendering Engine (Uniscribe Engine) for Bangla language & Microsoft Official OTF Bangla font Vrinda.
- He has a lot of energy to research and develop new technology, so now he is looking into the development of a new keyboard layout.
Al Mamun Hossen
- He is Working at Reem Group as Computer IT Solution, Ekushey as a Artwork Graphics Designer Opentype font Developer as known he is self-taught passionate Graphic Designer who loves to do design tasks. His world of graphic & industrial design is built on a passion for designing. Since from he has been developed 31 fonts and released to users till date. Several new fonts have recently been added to this collection. I hope the new designs will be useful for those who use Banglalipi in their daily work. he will add more fonts to the collection in the future. Linux, Mac OS 10.7 and Windows users can download and use the fonts He has professional command in font designing and using advanced software technologies to create a new OTF Bangla fonts.
email@example.com | Visit Website